Matthew Jardine is a trial lawyer who successfully represents corporate clients in high-stakes litigation from coast to coast. He handles a wide variety of matters in both state and federal courts, including product liability, construction, transportation, railroad, environmental, commercial litigation and other civil disputes. He has extensive experience working with and litigating against experts in a wide range of fields and is well-versed in the medical and scientific issues specific to those fields.
Mr. Jardine has focused particularly on defending product manufacturers, including cases involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals, automotive & trucking OEM parts, juvenile products, home & office furnishings, gas heaters and industrial equipment. He serves as a high-level risk manager and strategic adviser to his clients, who place a high degree of trust in him to design and implement effective defense strategies. Mr. Jardine is also a skilled negotiator, having successfully resolved hundreds of matters through private mediation, or through negotiation of settlement on favorable terms.
- Product Liability
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation and Counseling
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
200 W. Adams Street, Suite 2445
Chicago, Illinois 60606
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1992
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., High Honors, 2001
Practice Highlights and Representative Matters
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of home, office and juvenile products in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Served as regional counsel for product manufacturer clients, with the responsibility for the development, coordination and implementation of defense strategy.
- Successfully negotiated multiple global settlement deals for a well-known product manufacturer, each involving hundreds of wrongful death lawsuits set for trial over a period of years.
- Successfully resolved numerous complex litigation matters through private mediation in multiple states.
- Named 2008 Illinois Rising Star – General Litigation, Illinois Super Lawyers
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association Chicago Bar Association
Share This Profile